Monday kicked my ass. Tuesday…well…as I write this, that remains to be seen. I had a post planned for Monday. Another glorious WIPterview , as well as the official kick-off of ROW80. Let’s glance back to Monday on this Blog, shall we?
*sound of crickets chirping* *sound of trees creaking in the bitterly cold, sub-zero temps*
What? There was no post Monday? Oh, yeah. Whatever.
“Knock off the whining, sarcastic crap and get on with it.”
Um…yeah…sure. *peers under desk and in closet* Ahhhh…who are you?
“Just another one of the voices in your brain pan. Move along before I enlist the aid of the monkeys to kick you one in the backside.”
*clears throat* Of course. Moving on. Hey, it’s Wednesday and that means World Wide WIPpets and ROW80 updates. Or, in this case, ROW80 goals. For those who don’t know, ROW80 is “The Writing Challenge that Knows You Have A Life”. So, here are my ROW80 goals:
- Finish cover, final edits, formatting, etc. to release Emergence by some time in February. Anyone who would like an ARC and will take the time to review, please let me know. You should have read First of Her Kind or you may be a bit lost.
- Hammer out some semblance of a cohesive plot for CBC. Yes, I’m a panster, but I do make myself notes…guidelines, really…of where I want a story to go. Since several unruly characters have seen fit to derail me once already, I’m not taking any more chances.
- Finish the first draft of CBC.
- Spend some more time with Medieval Swordsmanship: Illustrated Methods & Techniques since the nearest class is a 45 minute drive on a weeknight and with my schedule, not doable. Yes, learning the longsword could be considered as something on my Bucket List, if I were the type to have such a list.
- Get back into my healthy eating, exercising routine that went the way of the eggnog cheesecake sometime back before Thanksgiving.
I think that will be good for now. Don’t want to overdo it.
And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…WIPpet time! I’m giving you a short one today. I go to page 8 and give you the 1st full paragraph. This takes place before last week’s, but not by much.
I crept through the shadows along the edge of the gallows yard. Come hanging day it would be packed with every citizen of Runoff, and those nosy lower Cooper’s Hill types, all shouldering one another for prime viewing spots. A lot of coin would be made by the purveyors of food and libations. A lot of coin and other valuables would be lost to the dippers, drawers, and cut-purses, and enough of them would be caught to insure another day or two of morbid entertainment.
Speaking of entertainment…a little WHIPping Post by the Allman Brothers.
Connect with me on Facebook Goodreads Twitter
Read excerpts and buy copies of my works on the Published Works page. e-book & paperback copies also available on Amazon Smashwords Barnes & Noble and other on-line book retailers.