Since we’re at the half-way point of the year — more or less — and prompted by another blog post I saw somewhere, I’ve decided to revisit what I put down for goals way back in December:
- I am going to send out a minimum of 8 queries a month to agents who fit my ms criteria (as soon as said ms is done being edited)
- I am going to write at least 2k words per day
- I am going to devote at least 30 minutes per day to Tai Chi (because I’ve always wanted to try it, that’s why)
- I am going to work my dogs as often as I can to the best of mine and their abilities on that particular day
- I am going to not worry about things I have no control over (and stop trying to get control over things I have no control over)
- I am going to continue to have fun in life because, otherwise, what’s the sense?
- I will stop beating myself up when I don’t hit a goal on any given day and realize that some things are out of my control (see above goal)
How am I fairing?
Well, no queries yet because BD&L isn’t quite done being tweaked. But will be. Soon. Very soon. Come hell or high water.
2k per day . . . ambitious. Some days I’m lucky if I hit 200. Oh hell, let’s admit it, over the past month or so, lucky if I hit 2. Yes, single digit. 2. <hangs head in shame, shuffles away> Better now. And I’m moving out of that and starting to rediscover my balance. Which was, I must admit, totally out of whack for way too long. Jeez.
30 min. a day to Tai Chi — see, here’s what happens, in the dead of winter when the days are short and the weather is Wisconsin, I can do that sort of thing. When the days lengthen and the weather is better Wisconsin, my exercise becomes outdoor activities.
Work my dogs. Aha!! This one I’ve been successful at. Yea for me, and them. 🙂
Stop worrying about things I have no control over. Done. For the most part. Let the universe deal with it, I’ve got other things to take care of.
Have fun. Absolutely! 🙂
Stop beating myself up for missing a goal. Um. Erm. Sort of, but not really.
So, for the rest of the year?
- Get that darn BD&L the heck outta here.
- Write every day regardless of word count.
- Get moving — physically — in some way, shape, or form every day. (On the up side, I’m down 16 lbs from the beginning of the year!)
- Keep working the dogs and making progress.
- Keep letting the universe handle things I can’t control
- Keep having fun.
- Put down the flog and back away. Now. I mean it.