Another cool blogging award. 🙂 This one from JMMcDowell.
I realize I still have to catch up my other recent award, The Kreative Blogger (see it over there to the right?) passed on to me by Jennifer.
So, herewith and hitherto (just because I always wanted to use that phrase in a sentence) is me, catching up on blog awards. Well, the announcement part anyhow. I will catch up on the passsing on of said awards and other requirements over the weekend. <fingers crossed>
So, Kathi, how goes the ROWing?
Well, now that you mention it — let’s recap, shall we? Here were my *da-da-da-daahhhhh* Original Goals just in case you were curious and don’t want to go browsing for them:
- 2k per day which would put me easily through the first draft of the second BD&L book (I might have to adjust that to 1500 given my schedule but I’ll push for 2k)
- If I get stuck on BD&L2, I must dedicate those words to short stories or flash fiction
- Two regular blog posts per week (Monday & Friday) plus ROW80 updates on Sunday & Wednesday
- Print out a hard copy and line edit BD&L when it returns from my beta
- X number of queries per week once it’s ready to go (I haven’t decided on that number yet)
And how am I doing? #4 is going AWESOME! Yes, it gets all caps because I’m shouting it. Or sing-saying it. Either way, lots of positive forward progress on that which puts me closer to working on #5.
#1 ~ haven’t hit 2k in a while but most of my writing time is now editing time and I’m okay with that. I still squeak out an assorted 500-1000 every other day or so on either BD&L2 or something else. Not always the same something else, but I consider it “sketching” and I’m also okay with that.
#3 is ticking me off. Or, as Achmed would say, it is pissing me off-fa-fa. I’ve been terrible at keeping up with my blog and living up to all my lovely awards. I need to put some more effort into that and kick some proverbial gluteus maximus!
And here, because I keep forgetting to do it and someone should have kicked my gm, is the link to the other ROW80 folks who are a great source of support and inspiration.