The post I had scheduled for Friday got eaten. Which sounds a whole lot like the age old excuse, “The dog ate my homework.” Well, in this case, cyberspace ate my post. And I didn’t have the time, or quite honestly the inclination, to re-write it. I finally need to admit that while I am in the throws of editing BD&L, the blog will suffer. There is only so much brain power I possess and spreading it thin is a bad idea. Really bad. Think cataclysmic disaster of epic proportions.
These were my original ROW80 Goals:
- 2k per day which would put me easily through the first draft of the second BD&L book (I might have to adjust that to 1500 given my schedule but I’ll push for 2k)
- If I get stuck on BD&L2, I must dedicate those words to short stories or flash fiction
- Two regular blog posts per week (Monday & Friday) plus ROW80 updates on Sunday & Wednesday
- Print out a hard copy and line edit BD&L when it returns from my beta
- X number of queries per week once it’s ready to go (I haven’t decided on that number yet)
Here are my Adjusted Goals:
- Finish editing BD&L
- Regular ROW80 updates to the blog on Sunday & Wednesday
- Other additions to blog as they occur to me and when I have the time/brain capacity to do them justice.
And, of course, interspersed within those are the other things known as My Life. They include things I am obligated to do, and things which I *need* to do for the sake of my sanity (okay, so that one may already be a lost cause) and my soul’s well-being.