If you missed the inaugural post for
you’ll need to pop into the Way Back Machine and look at last week’s installment. A quick recap of what it is, along with submission guidelines, is below…way below… This week is short and sweet as I’m racing to get everything ready to head out of town for the weekend.
Onto some books you might be interested in:
- Eventide ~ Book Two of the Meratis Trilogy by Krista Walsh Genre: Fantasy This is next up on my TBR list. It’s available at Amazon among other places.
- Devin O’Branagan‘s books Red Hot Property (a blend of humor, romance & suspense) and Show Dog Sings the Blues (a delightful tale of mistaken identity when a pampered show dog is finds herself working on a ranch) are now available as audio books.
- Liberty or Death: The Soldier Chroniclesby David Cook described as “an authentic historical story set against the brutal backdrop of Ireland’s Great Rebellion, the first novella in The Soldier Chronicles series.” I got to read an early draft of this one. The finished copy is on my kindle toward the top of my TBR list.
Other things of interest, although that’s not a personal endorsement:
- The Reddit site…um…well, I have only gone there for a few Ask Me Anything question sessions with authors, but it always seems to have something interesting going on. Like this, for example, When you Attend an Author Signing, What Do You Want (Besides a Signed Book)? If you look at their right sidebar, there is a list of AMAs with some really great authors.
- And this because a picture is worth a thousand words. Or, in this case, several books are worth a sculpture, or something like that. Sculptures Carved from Books.
- And some places to find e-books tailored to your tastes (or so they say) and oft times free. eBookSoda The Fussy Librarian E-Reader News Bookbub
What’s it all about, you ask? Ahh…fiction. And Friday. Reading. Writing. No arithmetic. Whereas I’m mostly all about fantasy, urban fantasy, and a sprinkling of paranormal romance, I read across many genres so you’ll find a mix here. Some things to note:
- If you’re an author with an upcoming release, drop me a line via e-mail.
- If you’re a reader who has just read something outstanding and want to share, likewise.
- Book signings, release events, quotes, tidbits, industry/indie news etc. etc.? Pass them along.
- As this is my blog, I reserve the right to not use anything I don’t want to use.
Connect with me on Facebook Goodreads Twitter and now Pinterest Read excerpts and buy copies of my works on the Published Works page. e-book & paperback copies also available on Amazon Smashwords Barnes & Noble and other on-line book retailers.