I’ve been bad. My original goals were:
- 2k per day which would put me easily through the first draft of the second BD&L book (I might have to adjust that to 1500 given my schedule but I’ll push for 2k)
- If I get stuck on BD&L2, I must dedicate those words to short stories or flash fiction
- Two regular blog posts per week (Monday & Friday) plus ROW80 updates on Sunday & Wednesday
- Print out a hard copy and line edit BD&L when it returns from my beta
- X number of queries per week once it’s ready to go (I haven’t decided on that number yet)
How am I doing?
- 2k per day lasted until the first weekend in January when I went out of town for four days. Since then, a couple hundred per day and not all on the first draft of the second BD&L because it needs plot help and time. That last being the big issue.
- Have been diddling with other WIPS but, again, only a couple hundred words per day.
- Regular blog posts . . . not so much. Irregular, yes.
- Hard copy & line edit: YES! And this is where much of my writing time has gone. Only so many hours in a day.
- Queries: Not there yet, but getting close.